Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 Goals

In no particular order, I want to:

1: Take a sewing class with my cool new sewing machine that I received for Christmas. I am so excited about this…now I just have to learn how to use it!

2: Consistently workout and make it a part of every day. For so long I use to do this, I am incredibly upset that I let myself get out of this habit, which is why I am a bit unhappy with my current health state.

3: Read my scriptures everyday! This should be so easy, but unfortunately I let things get in the way when I shouldn’t. I have started this year off with renewed zest and plan on staying on top of things.

4: See Wicked! Finally! I have missed this show two times within the past two years because we had to move. First from Orlando then from Denver, so I am extremely happy that it will be making a stop in Miami and that we will get to go and see it. Woohoo!

5: Move into our own home. So, we don’t have one yet and we have just barely started looking, but I long for the days when my things are not in storage and when I need something I don’t have to go scourging through taped up boxes; only to come up empty handed. Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful for the generosity of my sister and brother in law to let us live with them, but it will be nice to have my own things back.

6: Keep our jobs! I am very humble, happy, ecstatic, (insert your own happy word here) that Russell and I have jobs. My goal is that we keep them thru 2010 and beyond ;)

7: Take the time to reach out to my friends and family throughout the year, especially when I am thinking of them. Too often I let the thought go and allow time to play a part in not making a phone call, etc.

8: Take a photography class and then learn how to take really awesome pictures. I would love to capture awesome moments in time and be able to share that with people.

9: Not cook Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. There comes a point in ones life in which you recognize that there are just too many people with too little space. My family reached their capacity probably 10 years ago, but we just didn’t acknowledge it. My sister and I are in on this together. Publix will suffice for our holiday meal plans and we will gladly let them.

10: Be a better wife. Not that I am bad, (I hope Russell agrees) but I’ve only done it for two years at this point, so I am hoping that every day I can get a little better. Because let’s be honest, we can all always do a little bit more.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Publix for Thanksgiving. This makes me sad. It's good that you wrote your goals out... I need to get on the ball! Good luck!
I'm so jealous, I want a home!